Applying Professional Scrum for Software Development (APS-SD) is a 3-day hands-on course where students experience how to deliver quality software using Scrum with Agile and DevOps practices. Students work in Scrum Teams over a series of Sprints, creating code on a realistic software system to learn Scrum while using Scrum. The course, formerly known as Professional Scrum Developer, includes a free attempt at the globally recognized Professional Scrum Developer I certification exam (PSD I).
Over the 3 days, students gain a real-world view of what it is like to build software with Scrum. They collaborate over a series of Sprints applying modern engineering practices, and using the Scrum framework to manage complexity. The key focus of the class is on how to develop and deliver increments of releasable functionality. Students will experience real-world challenges and issues, and through a series of Sprints will learn how to continuously improve the way they perform their work.
The course teaches how Agile engineering practices and supportive DevOps tools complement Scrum and further advance a team’s capabilities. This course provides greatest value if the whole Scrum Team (Developers, Scrum Master and Product Owner) attend together and experience the power of real teamwork. Teams that attend together are not only able to apply learnings to their work immediately, but are also able to recall their classroom experiences to overcome particularly challenging times.
The course is available in .NET and Java specific technologies, along with a generic technology course. Professional Scrum Trainers can work with you to define a specific technology stack that meets your needs in private classes for your organization.
The .NET version was developed in partnership with Microsoft® and is the official training solution for Microsoft Visual Studio.
Applying Professional Scrum for Software Development
Payments are processed securely through Paypal
An Invoice or PO can be provided upon request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Location – Virtual
Start Time – Los Angeles 09:00am
Date – 15/06/21
Early Bird Cut Off – 15/05/21
This course will cover:
- The Scrum Framework
- Working within a Scrum Team
- Definition of Done
- Backlog management practices and slicing features
- Code quality and Technical Debt
- Agile architecture practices
- Test Driven Development
- Pair Programming
- Agile Testing and other practices to ensure quality
- Using DevOps with Scrum
Students are challenged to implement and apply modern engineering standards and technical excellence within Scrum. They take home an increased understanding of how to collaborate better as a team.
- Experience real collaboration between the
- Developers, Product Owner and Scrum Master in the quest of building and delivering a high quality and valuable product.
- Build and deliver working software by applying modern Agile engineering practices and supportive DevOps tools.
- Understand the synergy between the various elements of Scrum and complementary practices.
- Leave the class with ways to identify common pitfalls and how to avoid them
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for all members of a Scrum Team involved in developing and delivering software based systems including: architects, analysts, programmers,database developers, testers, managers, IT-Operations and others, including Scrum Masters and Product Owners. Both individuals and complete teams can gain great value from attending this course. Students will experience working on a Scrum Team during the class and will be able to transfer their learnings to their teammates to help them understand the advantages of using Scrum, Agile and DevOps practices together.
You will make the most of this course if you have:
- Have passed the Scrum Developer Open Assessment
- Have passed the Scrum Open Assessment
- Have experience with the technologies taught in the class such as Java or .Net
Assessment and Certification
The Applying Professional Scrum for Software Development course has the Professional Scrum Developer level I (PSD I) as its associated credential. All participants completing the Professional Scrum Developer course receive a password to take the PSD I assessment.
This industry-recognized certification requires a minimum passing score on the associated rigorous assessment. Scrum.org maintains a public list with everyone holding a PSD I credential.
Small Team Discount –
You can save 10% on the total price of any public course when you send 3 or more people. Email our staff at email@example.com and we will do everything we can to accommodate your teams needs.
If you need more information, please check the following options:
- View the APS-SD course description on the Scrum.org website
- View the Applying Professional Scrum for Software Development subject areas for a taste of the course content